Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

Samantha Willis, Writer
December 20, 2012
Filed under News

Well, boys and girls, it's that time of year again! Students will be released early on Friday for Christmas vacation and will have several weeks to spend with friends and family. I would just like to remind you all what Christmas is really about, though. It's about giving, not receiving; remembering... Read More »

Angel Tree Success

Angel Tree Success

Samantha Willis, Writer/Photographer
December 20, 2012
Filed under News

Through the course of the month, the Angel Tree stood in the commons area displayed for the entire school body to see. Fundraisers were held to help contribute to the Angel Tree fund to assist in buying toys and clothes for the less fortunate children in the community. Mrs. McCormick's speech classes... Read More »

Christmas Concert

Christmas Concert

Samantha Willis, Writer
December 4, 2012
Filed under News

There will be a Christmas concert in the auditorium on Monday, December 17th. The Glen Rose High School band will be preforming along with the high school Choir. The concert is free will begin at 7:00 P.M., so bring your friends, family, and Christmas cheer along to listen to wonderful and familiar Christmas... Read More »

Christmas Parade!

Christmas Parade!

Samantha Willis, Writer
December 4, 2012
Filed under News

On Saturday, December 8 there will be a Christmas parade in town. There will be floats, music, and candy! The parade will start at 6:00 P.M. in front of the High School stadium, and will end down town by the Methodist Church. It's short and sweet, but tons of fun so don't miss out!

A Neverland Christmas Carol

A Neverland Christmas Carol

Samantha Willis, Writer/Photographer
December 3, 2012
Filed under News

Glen Rose High School's theatre department is proud to present A Neverland Christmas Carol. Follow Peter Pan, the Darling children, and the lost boys in a musical adventure to defeat Captain Hook and his gang of gnarly pirates and bring Christmas to Neverland! Opening night will be on Thursday,... Read More »

Block Scheduling

Block Scheduling

Samantha Willis, Writer/Photographer
November 15, 2012
Filed under News

Today and Friday Glen Rose High School students will be put on a block schedule. Every other class will be 85 minutes long. The other few will be 15 minutes with the exception of 5th and 8th period, which are normal length. If all goes well with the change, the new schedule  could open more opportunities... Read More »

UIL District Band Auditions

UIL District Band Auditions

Samantha Willis, Writer/Photographer
November 6, 2012
Filed under Student Life

A big congrats goes out to all of the students who auditioned for the UIL District Band. Thirteen Glen Rose students auditioned for the band, and all thirteen succeeded in obtaining a chair. Flautists, Cesar Martinez made first chair, Devan Elliot made third chair, and Lexi Carden made fourth chair.... Read More »

Makayla and Grace Keep on Runnin’

Makayla and Grace Keep on Runnin’

Samantha Willis, Writer/Photographer
October 29, 2012
Filed under News

Sophomores Makayla Kucera and Grace Payne are on their way to representing Glen Rose at the cross country regionals meet. Both girls placed in the top ten runners at the last meet at Dinosaur Valley State Park. While the team cross country practice is over, the two girls continue a regular workout schedule... Read More »

Tiger Pride Band Marches on to Area

Tiger Pride Band Marches on to Area

Samantha Willis, Staff Writer/Photographer
October 22, 2012
Filed under Top Stories

They're loud, they're proud, and they're on their way to state! Your very own Tiger Pride marching band dominated at the Region 7 UIL Marching Competition. They marched with pride as they took the field for an outstanding performance. Director Ray Portillo always told the band that he couldn't take the... Read More »

Cross Country in Brock

Cross Country in Brock

Samantha Willis, Photographer/Writer
October 17, 2012
Filed under Sports

On October 10th, students psyched themselves up for a tough run in Brock.The veteran runners recalled that Brock's race trail was no easy feat. It was a sticky day as the team walked their course. The terrain was rocky, hilly, grassy, and had plenty of challenges to overcome. The JV girls ran first.... Read More »

A Visit from Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra

Samantha Willis, Photographer/Staff Writer
September 28, 2012
Filed under News

Thanks to yet another generous donation from the Wasilchak family, the students of GRISD along with students from Three-way ISD got to enjoy yet another wonderful performance by the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra. Associate conductor, Andres Franco, and the orchestra played highlights and excerpts from... Read More »

UNT Tour

UNT Tour

September 27, 2012
Filed under Student Life

It's that time of year where Glen Rose's senior class of 2013 prepares for college. To help prepare the students, school counselors have organized campus tours of various colleges. First on the list of schools was the University of North Texas in Denton. Here students toured housing, recreational buildings,... Read More »

The Tigers in Jacksboro

The Tigers in Jacksboro

Samantha Willis, Photographer/Staff
September 16, 2012
Filed under Sports

It was dark and chilly out as the Tigers Cross Country team boarded the bus in front of the new arena at 4:45 A.M. on Saturday the 15th. It was an early start for the Tigers as they prepared themselves for a new, unknown race course. It was the team's first time in Jacksboro.... Read More »

A Great Start for Cross Country

A Great Start for Cross Country

Samantha Willis, Photographer/Reporter
September 11, 2012
Filed under Sports, Top Stories

In the 2010/2011 season, the Glen Rose cross country team did not have the season they were hoping for, but they're off to a great new beginning this year. The team has been training hard all summer and every morning, bright and early before school. The results of their hard work shown through in their... Read More »